Monday, May 26, 2014

Nicki Minaj Applauds Iggy Azalea: "Congrats are in Order" (@nickiminaj, @iggyazalea)



Iggy Azalea recently became the first female since Nicki Minaj to have a #1 rap album with her debut, "The New Classic." While most are pitting the Australian rhyme spitter and the Queens MC against one another, Nicki is taking the high road, congratulating Grand Hustle's first lady on her success:


"I think that congratulations is in order. Her single is doing really, really well and I think that's a good thing," she said of Iggy's hit "Fancy." She continued, "One thing I'm not is a hater. If somebody is doing something and they did it well, and their song is charting well, then congratulations."


That being said, Nicki still wants it to be known she ushered in a new era for women in Hip-Hop:


"I just want female rappers to understand that I've kicked in a lot of doors for them and I just would appreciate if they would acknowledge that."


Check out flicks of the two above. Do you think the love is authentic? Sound off below.


Source: rap-up.com