Monday, June 30, 2014

Say My Name: Bow Wow Explains Changing Name to Shad Moss (@smoss)



Bow Wow has been catching a lot of flack lately for changing his moniker from Bow Wow to his government name, Shad Moss. While it is unlikely most will begin addressing him as such, in a brief interview with Rap-Up.com, Moss says he doesn't see what the big deal is and that it's more of a business move than anything else, as he has many ventures in the works and that a name like "Bow Wow" won't fly.


"It's a name that they've heard my whole career...to me it really wasn't that big of a deal. I was kind of laughing at the reaction, everybody was just making it like some of the biggest news in the world, but to me it was just hilarious because I was just like, sh*t I'm just using my normal name."


When asked if changing his moniker was something he'd been thinking about for a while, Moss says yes, and that he's been easing his fans into it for a while now.


"I've always thrown hints about it, through my music. Like I said for all my fans that have grown with me they know the name...I'm embarking on so many different things now, television, clothing, you name it everything, so it's kind of hard for me to just be Bow Wow."


How likely is it that the public will start calling him Shad Moss? Sound off below.


Source: YouTube