Friday, February 28, 2014

Paula Deen: I'm Like That Black, Gay Football Player (@mikesamfootball)



In an interview with People Magazine, former Food Network star Paula Deen compared herself to gay pro football player Michael Sam.


"I feel like 'embattled' or 'disgraced' will always follow my name," Deen reportedly told People. "It's like that black football player who recently came out. He said, 'I just want to be known as a football player. I don't want to be known as a gay football player.' I know exactly what he's saying."


Deen was sued in 2013 for making derogatory remarks about African-Americans in the presence of a woman who had bi-racial nieces. Deen admitted that she used "the N-word" at times. The judge dismissed the suit, however she still lost her Food Network cooking show in the process. Earlier this month however, she secured an investment worth between $75-100 million to be used for new business ventures.


Source: bossip.com