Sunday, May 25, 2014

Future Had to Persuade Pharrell Into Recording 'Move That Dope' (@1Future @Pharrell)



In an interview with Billboard, Future talks about his current 45-date tour and why Pharrell was hesitant to drop a verse on "Move That Dope."


The ATL rapper explains that the song was recording while Pharrell's biggest single "Happy" was gaining momentum. With the subject matter on a different spectrum of "Blurred Lines" and "Happy," Pharrell was worried about facing any backlash.


"It was a difficult situation for him," Future said. "He was going to the Oscars, and whatever he was in was a different music space, and to get him to do a verse on a song with that subject matter was difficult. He was like, 'Man, I don't know if I should do this, 'cause I don't want, like, a big backlash on me. I love this song, but I don't want a backlash.' I was like, 'Man, no, it's a positive message. The verse is telling people to let everything go. You have a message that's positive throughout your verse. I think people need to hear that, 'cause your voice is such a big voice in hip-hop.' And he was down with it in the end."


The single has gone on to be a huge hit for Future and has over 15 million views on YouTube.


What do you think of Pharrell's verse on "Move That Dope?"


Source: billboard.com