Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Iggy Azalea Addresses 'Mo Money Mo Problems' Sample Backlash (@IGGYAZALEA @KeyshiaCole)



Iggy Azalea's latest track "I'm Coming Out," from the upcoming flick The Other Woman has fans critiquing the "Fancy" rapper.


Last month, Irv Gotti released a preview of the song featuring Keyshia Cole that samples "Mo Money, Mo Problems," by the Notorious B.I.G which stems from the Diana Ross classic, "I'm Coming Out." Iggy says that the plan was remake the Diana Ross song, but decided to go with another flow.


"I'm from a generation where I don't think 'I'm Coming Out' — I think 'Mo Money Mo Problems,'" she said. "So I thought, I need to get my Ma$e on, and I went with that vibe. Then I think when people heard it they said, 'She's doing the Biggie remake,' and I don't know if it was necessarily meant to be that. It's open to interpretation."


She also says that she was excited to work with Keyshia Cole and Irv Gotti on the track.


"First of all, I love Biggie forever and Tupac, and that's a sampled song," she said. "So don't be mad about something that's sampled already. And who wouldn't say yes to that? I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but if I did I would've said yes. Because any rapper that gets asked to do that is gonna do that."


T.I also chimed in saying, "You can't originate a sample."


The song will not be on her debut album The New Classic but it will be featured on the soundtrack to The Other Woman.