Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kelis Admits She Was Shocked Nas Rapped About Their Split (@nas)



Kelis admits she's over her relationship with Nas, but was shocked when she heard him rapping about their split on "Daughters." She recently sat down with The Guardian, where she explained that she felt the need to tell her side of the story on her split with Nas on her new album "Food" after he started the conversation.


"I've been divorced for almost five years; it's over, I'm over it. But what I would say is that last year I was made more aware of it because my ex-husband decided to talk about stuff that I hadn't shared with the world. He slipped my wedding dress on to his album cover so now I have to talk about it! I had no idea it was happening, I was like, 'What the...?' But it didn't affect my life. I'm not living that life now. I'm super-content and at peace."


She also opened up about her future in music, "I might make another album. I might make 10 more albums. I might never make another album again. It depends on how the mood suits me. I'm not declaring retirement but I'm just saying that I don't have any musical ambitions any more."


Source: bossip.com