Thursday, February 6, 2014

Self-Described 'Fat Girl Dancer' Works It Like a Champ



Whitney Thore started dancing when she was four years old, but stopped in college after experiencing inexplicable weight gain.


"Unable to face my reflection, I failed out of dance class my first semester," Thore told The Huffington Post in an email. "By the time I had graduated college, been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, moved to Korea, and gained 200 pounds, I was finally able to dance socially, at a club or party, but never dreamed I would take a class or perform publicly ever again."


Believing her dancing days were over, the blogger and radio producer decided to take a chance and make a "Fat Girl Dancing" video series at the suggestion of Jared Pike, one of the hosts of the morning radio show she produces.


We'd say she's well up to the task. Check out Thore cutting a rug to Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty to Me" up top.