Saturday, April 12, 2014

DJ Mustard Promises 'Greatness' For Kendrick Lamar's Next Album (@kendricklamar @DJMustard)



DJ Mustard's success in 2014 hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.


The producer talked about his career with Hard Knock TV. With credits from YG, Kid Ink, and Tyga, the 23-year-old is will work with Kendrick Lamar for his next album to create what he calls "greatness."


"[Kendrick] told me he wants me to yell on some s***," he said. "You know how I been doing that Fat Man Scoop s***? It's coming. Nobody wants to do that anymore. Nobody wants to have fun. Everyone always wants to be all serious and s***. I'm trying to turn up. I'm trying to have a party. That's what I want to do. I don't know what the outcome of that's gonna be but I know it's gonna be greatness...I know me and Terrace Martin were working on some s*** for him, but we didn't do it yet. It's gonna come. It's gonna be hard."


Mustard also believes that he deserves 'Producer of The Year' title at every award show this year.


"We got eight [songs on Billboard's Hot 100] now. We're 8% of your Hot 100," he said. "I'm trying to be 10%. I need Producer Of The Year for every award show. Every one. All of them. I think I deserve it. I had an epiphany right now."


Mustard was nominated for Producer of The Year at BET's Hip Hop Awards last year with Mike Will Made It wining the title.


Check out the full interview above.