Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Kanye West on Steve Jobs, Samsung and His "Scared" Photographer (@kanyewest)



Kanye West, Steve Stoute, and venture capitalist Ben Horowitz spoke at the Cannes Lions Festival this morning and according to reports, Yeezy had a whole lot to say.


Kanye started off by comparing himself to Apple CEO Steve Jobs, saying he wants to have that kind of impact.


"Steve Jobs, as everyone knows, was my biggest influence. Just seeing the way he fought to make things easier for people. After he passed, I made it my life's mission to do what he did inside of that company," West said. "I dream to help raise the palette and raise the taste level of a generation and also be involved with the production and distribution and advertising of that thing everyone's begging for."


He also shared his thoughts on the new Beats/Apple deal, saying it's a great move for Apple, as they've lost touch with culture a bit since Jobs' passing. He also feels that Samsung's deal with Jay Z inspired the move.


He also got into why he's not a big fan of Samsung, saying that he strives to always work with the cream of the crop.


"The reason I said I didn't like Samsung particularly is because throughout my entire life, because of how my parents raised me, I have to work with the No. 1. I can't work with anyone but Jay Z, because he's No. 1. I can't be with any girl but Kim, because that's the girl whose pictures I look at the most and get turned on by. I'm not going to represent any company but Louis Vuitton, because that's No. 1. ... Samsung is not quite Apple, but it showed that Jimmy [Iovine] and Dre would be able to connect with the No. 1 influencers."


On a more personal note, he put famed photographer Annie Leibovitz on blast for backing out of shooting the Kimye wedding 2 days before the ceremony, saying he thinks she was scared of the fame that may come her way.


"Let me tell you something about that kiss photo that my girl put up ... this was pissing my girl off during the honeymoon, she was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much because Annie Leibovitz pulled out right before the wedding. I think that she was, like, scared of the idea of celebrity."


You can check out the full story here.


Source: teamkanyedaily.com