Thursday, May 15, 2014

Trey Songz on August Alsina: He Said Things He Doesn't Mean (@treysongz)



With the success of August Alsina's studio debut album, Testimony, fans and media alike want to know more about the New Orleans singer, but most of his interviews tend to focus on his so called "beef" with fellow R&B cat Trey Songz. While he has addressed it in several interviews, he recently shut down the topic during his now infamous appearance on 106 & Park. Still, fans have been waiting for Trey Songz to clap back, and the son of VA has finally responded.


In an interview with Capital Xtra Radio, Trey says the two had a misunderstanding and Alsina didn't know how to handle it:


"August is like a little brother to me. You know what I mean? I took him on early in his career. We had a discrepancy and he didn't know how to deal with that. He hasn't been in a situation where he has to answer the same question a million times. That's frustrating so you know, I believe he spoke and said some things he didn't really mean. Out of pressure. I really care about him. I mean, he got a lot going on in his life, outside of music. And I know that about him."


Continuing to take the high road, Trey says he never felt the need to bash Alsina in retaliation:

"I didn't feel the need to speak out against him; that really don't do nothing for me. I don't wanna see nobody do bad. If a new artist come in and I think they're talented, I wouldn't have jumped on his song or been all in this picture, that picture. Have him here, there with me..."


Check out the interview above and flicks of the two together in the gallery.