Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Swizz Beatz Receives Bronx Walk of Fame Honor (@therealswizzz)



The Bronx has a tremendous amount of history with Hip-Hop culture. In fact, it's where the now global art form was birthed. This week, the borough celebrates its 100th anniversary with Bronx Week, honoring some of its most noteworthy natives.


Swizz Beatz, born Kasseem Dean, was joined by four other Bronx natives all honored for their contributions to the arts. Fellow inductees include Broadway star Priscilla Lopez, Actor David Zayas of Dexter, Film & TV actress Rachel Ticotin and New York Jets guard William Colon III.


Swizzy took to Instagram to share his excitement, not only to receive the award, but to be back on his old block:


"Today is a real day to remember for me!! In 1998 today "Stop Drop" came out. This very same day in 2014 to announce getting inducted into the BRONX Walk Of Fame. For that honor the BX will name a street after me. I'm calling it SWIZZ BEATZ ST. To reflect on this great moment I went back to my old hood on Boston RD and chilled in my old backyard. #Bronx100 #BX"


Check out flicks of Swizz in his home borough above.


Source: hiphopwired.com