Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shaniqua Tompkins: 50 Cent Abused Me in Front of Our Son (@50cent)



After news broke last week that rapper 50 Cent didn't attend his son's high school graduation, he was immediately slammed by fans for being a no-show. However, he later released a statement explaining he wasn't invited to the graduation and knew nothing about it.


While this may be the case, his son's mother Shaniqua Tompkins is giving another perspective. She recently sat down with Atlanta's V-103 to talk about everything from the missed graduation, to 50 being abusive towards her in front of their kids.


When it came to their son's graduation, Tompkins says as a father, 50 doesn't need an invite:


"I didn't know a parent needed an invitation to a graduation. He is privy to the same information that I am privy to as a parent. You can call the school, you can ask, as a parent of a senior. Or have your assistant call. (And I'm not being condescending) have your assistant call. There were no tickets; it was on the lawn of the school. People that I did invite, they stood on the side to watch the graduation....you [50] could have been there! That is your choice. And being that you say you pay tuition (which he DOESN'T) you should've had a first class ticket then, right? "


Tompkins also claimed 50 was physically abusive to her in front of their son and her daughter:


"Yes. He [Marquise] saw that I left an abusive situation. And my daughter saw it also....that was my breaking point. I'm a person that doesn't go out much, I'm very much a homebody. So, he started seeing my behavior change a little bit [when we were still together] because I did meet someone and he was in Connecticut. I'm usually always with my children, everyone knows that about me, so when I started going out [more often] he was like "where's your mom?" He didn't find out about it but he was away filming and he had come home and I wasn't there. So, when he got in, he called me but I know how he is so I said 'I'm not gonna come home until you calm down." And when I got home, he just lost it completely. And even when my daughter walked in the room, he still was hitting me. He really lost it. And then he just broke down and cried. And that's what was so scary because he's hitting me in one moment but then the next, he's in my lap crying like a baby."


Skip to 8:25 to hear Tompkins discuss the abusive relationship, or listen to the whole interview where she also discusses leaving 50, how long it's been since he's seen their son, why she asked for so much child support, and more.


Source: Bossip