Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cam'Ron Discusses Relationship with Just Blaze (@Mr_Camron @JustBlaze)



With the release of the new Dipset track "Dips***s" earlier this week, Cam'ron sat down with MTV to talk about his informal reunion with legendary producer Just Blaze.


The rapper, who will release his Federal Reserve EP with A-Trak this summer says none of the producers including Just, A-Trak and Oliver were in the in studio at the same time when the song was made.


"It's been a long time — maybe ten years," Cam said. "I just had a show with Just, actually, in D.C. about three weeks ago. So, me and Just are still in communication and we're still good, but we haven't actually been in a session together for a while."


Just Blaze also spoke with MTV and shared the process of creating the group's new single.


"With the way technology works these days, A-Trak can come bring me a session, and I can end up changing the entire thing," he said. "I was working on the master to that record up until eight hours before the video came out."


The track took up to a month to finish as he added Dame's rant and some live instrumentation.


"As soon as I sent A-Trak the final, they synced it up to the video, and the video went up the next morning."


Cam, who has a long history with the producer says that the two will make more music in the near future.


"We've been speaking but I don't have a date when we'll be in studio," he said. "It's not 'x'd' out. I would love to work with Just again."


Source: MTV