Monday, March 24, 2014

YG: Jeezy Helped Get the Label to Put Money Into My Album (@yg)



YG went into detail about his highly acclaimed debut album, "My Krazy Life," during a recent interview with HipHopSince1987.com.


The Compton emcee commented on his single "My Ni**a" going platinum, saying that while success like that often changes artists, he's still the same dude off the streets.


The 24-year-old rapper then revealed that Jeezy was instrumental in getting the label behind "My Krazy Life."


He also explained how he ended up doing a track with Ty Dolla $ign's brother TC, who's currently serving a life sentence. When asked how he got Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and Meek Mill on the "My N**a (remix)," YG said he just hollered at them and they agreed.


Watch the full clip to hear loads more from YG about what he's got going on right now.