Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pusha T: Macklemore Had One of the Best Grinds Ever in Music (@PUSHA_T @macklemore)



Macklemore's Grammy wins are still a topic of discussion, and as with everyone Pusha T was recently asked what he thought on the controversy surrounding Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' wins, which included Best Rap Album and Best New Artist during an interview with Montreality.



Pusha gave props to both Kendrick Lamar, who was seen as a favorite, and Macklemore who has been met with a lot of criticism.



"I look at Kendrick. You know, I look at Jay Z. I look at the nominees. It was a wide spectrum," the Virginia rapper said. "Macklemore, he won as well. People are sort of in an uproar about it. And I just think that's a personal opinion thing. I think Kendrick had the best album to fall within that timeframe, but it's cool. Macklemore won and I think Macklemore had one of the best grinds I think I've ever seen in music, so it's whatever. You can respect it from either way."



Pusha T also offered some details regarding his anticipated "King Push" album, which is due out this year.



"It's in the beginning stages. I been in with Pharrell and Chad," he said. "And people been seeing me—I was in Miami for a little while, so any producer that was down there I'mma try to link up with in between time with The Neptunes. Just see what everybody got, but it's in the beginning stages. And I think everybody's gonna be really happy with this album. I'm really taking my time with it. So, that's the plan, but I'm not forcing any of this music. It has to live up to the title King Push."


Check out the full interview with Pusha T and Montreality in the video above.



Source: YouTube