Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Maino Dons Crown On Breakfast Club, Talks K.O.B. Project (@mainohustlehard)



Maino stopped by the Power 105's The Breakfast Club with a very intriguing accessory. The rapper sported a crown with flashy rings to talk about his King Of Brooklyn EP, appreciation of Jay Z and Fabolous, and why he's cool with Trinidad James.


"I'm hearing a lot more New York City artists being played and that's the whole thing...I promote New York unity," Maino said after his blow up with Trinidad James over his NY comments.


"I promote us standing next to each other being unified because we all in different lanes. I don't sound like nobody. When you hear Maino you know that's Maino. So, it's no reason for me to hate on the next man. There's no reason for me to try to make myself try to be bigger than him."


He also told the crew about the meaning behind the K.O.B. title and owning his position in Brooklyn.


"Me saying 'I'm the king' is not to 'pedestalize' myself...It's not for me to 'pedestalize' myself and then try to shit on the next man. It's not about that cause king is a mindset. We all kings."


He also showed love to fellow Brooklyn rappers Biggie Smalls and Jay Z, noting them as gods. "Jay Z s the King, OG to the world." he says. "I'm just claiming my little position in America. Biggie and Jay are rap gods."


Check out the rest of the interview above.